Alleged abusive priest allowed to celebrate Mass in Texas church

Patheos blog

February 4, 2019

By Barry Duke

Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, who leads the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, has drawn criticism from the advocacy group Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) for allowing allowed a Houston priest who has been ‘credibly’ identified as an abuser to celebrate Mass last week at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church.

According to this report, Rev John T Keller celebrated the Mass the same day his name was among those released on a list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse by the Galveston-Houston Archdiocese

DiNardo told Keller on Wednesday evening that he would be placed on administrative leave the next day, the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston said in a statement on Friday.

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.