MINNESOTA
KARE
[with video]
John Croman, KARE November 25, 2015
ST. PAUL, MINN. — Attorney Jeff Anderson Tuesday released the personnel files of five monks and priests who were part of St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
The five, including two who are now deceased, were previously listed by St. John’s Abbey as credibly accused of child sexual abuse. Anderson said the redacted version of the documents posted on his website, show that priests who admitted battles with sexual urges still had access to potential victims.
“What the files show us is a culture of permissive access by known offenders,” said Anderson, who for decades has represented child sex abuse victims in lawsuits against the Catholic Church and other institutions.
Among the documents was a 1992 psychological evaluation of Father Finian McDonald, who for years worked as a counselor at St. John’s University.
According to the psychologist who authored the report, McDonald breaking his oath of celibacy with at least 200 sexual partners including as many as 15 college students.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.