Bishop ‘shocked’ on Xarabank…

MALTA
Malta Independent

Bishop ‘shocked’ on Xarabank: TMI has evidence he had documents on priest sexual abuse case in 2013

Auxiliary Bishop Charles Scicluna said on Xarabank on Friday that he learnt about the case involving an alleged sexual abuse by Dominican priest Fr Charles Fenech from the media, but The Malta Independent can reveal that Mgr Scicluna was informed about it in January 2013.

On Friday, Mgr Scicluna said it had been a shock for him to learn from the media this week that a colleague was in such a predicament.

But a document in possession of The Malta Independent shows that Mgr Scicluna received information about the case nearly two years ago.

A statement highlighting the case was sent to Mgr Scicluna in January 2013, and the person who sent it confirmed with Mgr Scicluna that he (the bishop) had received it.

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.