South Nyack man faces 3 years for sex abuse of girl, 4

NEW YORK
The Journal News

Steve Lieberman, slieberm@lohud.com

A former South Nyack church youth group leader is expected to surrender to serve a sentence of three years in state prison for sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl, after a court denied his appeal.

Todd Retallack, 50, once married with children, is expected to surrender Tuesday. He was convicted by a Rockland County jury on Dec. 8, 2012, of first-degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.

He was a friend of the child’s family and had been babysitting when the abuse occurred, authorities said.

Retallack, who officials said also once served as a youth group leader at the Living Christ Church in Nyack, was arrested by South Nyack-Grand View police in May 2011.

“This case called for a prison sentence to both punish the defendant and to serve as a warning to other individuals who prey on children,” Rockland District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said.

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.