NEW JERSEY
Patch
Posted by Noah Cohen (Editor), July 2, 2013
The trial of a 65-year-old Teaneck rabbi accused of molesting two teen boys is set to begin in January after the alleged abuser was reportedly hospitalized earlier this month, according to the county prosecutor’s office.
Rabbi Uzi Rivlin is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 13, 2014, a Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office spokeswoman said. Rivlin suffered a stroke and was in a medically-induced coma at Holy Name Medical Center, his attorney said at a hearing last month, NorthJersey.com reported. A doctor at the hospital reportedly confirmed Rivlin was unable to walk and talk, forcing the trial to be delayed.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.