AUSTRALIA
9 News
A former Catholic priest is out on bail after he was charged with sexually abusing young boys more than 40 years ago.
The 70-year-old from Wentworth Falls was charged on Tuesday with five counts of indecent assault against three boys, aged between 11 and 15, which allegedly occurred between 1971 and 1982.
The victims are now aged in their fifties, police said.
Acting Detective Inspector Adam Wilson said the victims were abused at parishes in Blacktown, St Marys and Richmond, as well as on church property in Shoalhaven on the NSW south coast.
He said the investigation into the abuse claims, which were first reported to police in December last year, will continue under Strike Force Nemesis, the unit investigating historical abuse.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.