NEW JERSEY
Patch
By Noah Cohen
June 3, 2013
The trial of a 65-year-old Teaneck rabbi accused of molesting two teenage boys has been delayed indefinitely after the rabbi suffered a stroke last week, NorthJersey.com reported Monday.
Uzi Rivlin was in a medically induced coma at Holy Name Medical Center, defense attorney Howard Simmons said, according to the report. Rivlin was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and was unresponsive.
Opening arguments were set to begin Monday. Prosecutors charged Rivlin in 2011 with sexually abusing the two 13-year-old Israeli boys, who were staying with him as part of a scholarship program he set up, authorities said. He pleaded not guilty in August 2011.
Simmons has maintained his client is innocent and said one of the alleged victims previously made bogus abuse allegations.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.