South Florida Priest on Leave …

FLORIDA
NBC 6

South Florida Priest on Leave of Absence as Sexual Misconduct Allegations Investigated: Official

By Justin Finch | Tuesday, Jun 4, 2013

A prominent South Florida priest has taken a temporary leave of absence as allegations of sexual misconduct against him are investigated, Archdiocese of Miami spokeswoman Mary Ross Agosta said Monday.

A civil complaint was filed against Father Daniel Kubala of Miami’s St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church and Parish last month. In the complaint, the unnamed plaintiff alleges Kubala made two unwanted sexual advances towards the plaintiff, identified as “John Doe,” back in April.

An adult male worker at the church has made the accusations, Ross Agosta said in a statement.

The complaint does not include the plaintiff’s age, but does note that he is 5 feet 1 inches tall, weighs 125 pounds, and has the appearance of a teenaged male. His attorney said his client has a female companion, and that the two share a child.

Kubala denies the accusations against him, but has requested a leave of absence so he is not a distraction while a full investigation is conducted, Ross Agosta said.

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.