Miami Catholic Priest Allegedly Sexually Harassed Man; Placed on Leave

FLORIDA
Miami New Times

By Kyle Munzenrieder Tue., Jun. 4 2013

Father Daniel Kubala of Miami’s St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church and Parish is on leave after a lawsuit was filed last month claiming that the priest twice made sexual advances on an unidentified adult male who worked at the church.

Kubala, however, denies the accusations, and claims he voluntarily took the leave of absence so as not to be a distraction.

According to NBC Miami, the unidentified “John Doe,” is an adult who has a female companion with which he has a child. Though the man is only 5’1″ and 125 pounds, and the lawsuit describes him as having “the appearance of a teenaged male.”

The suit says the first incident occurred on April 8th. Doe accuses Kubala of luring the man into a bedroom, kissing him, groping his genitalia and saying, “I want your body.” The incident allegedly happened on church grounds. The man refused, but claims Kubala told him to come back later that night to have some whiskey and “make it better.”

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.