YOUGSTOWN (OH)
Tribune Chronicle
January 25, 2013
By JOE GORMAN – Staff reporter (jgorman@tribtoday.com) , Tribune Chronicle | TribToday.com
YOUNGSTOWN – Bishop of Youngstown George Murray said Thursday that diocese officials did not announce terms of a settlement with victims of a Franciscan order brother who once coached at Warren John F. Kennedy High School because they believed the order’s headquarters in Pennsylvania would do so.
Because they did not and the allegations against Brother Steven Baker were made public last week, Murry said in a news conference from the diocese’s offices that they are asking for anyone who may have been a victim of Baker to contact civil authorities and the police.
No criminal charges were filed against Baker, and the statute of limitations has run out.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.