Ore. priest accused of abuse is indicted

OREGON
The Daily News

A Woodburn, Ore., priest accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy has been indicted on eight counts and ordered held without bail.

The Rev. Angel Armando Perez was arrested last week on accusations including sexual abuse, furnishing alcohol to a minor and drunken driving. The boy ran from the parish priest’s house during a sleepover, saying he awoke to find the 46-year-old Perez fondling him and apparently taking a cell phone photo. Police say Perez told investigators he was drunk and didn’t remember what happened.

Besides the initial counts, the grand jury indictment returned Monday charges Perez with giving the boy alcohol on four separate occasions and accuses the priest of evidence tampering. Marion County Deputy District Attorney Katie Suver said investigators believe Perez deleted a photo from his phone.

Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.